Did you know that your union has plenty of places for you to grab a very affordable snack or meal? Well, we do!
Avery Hill – Engine Room Café
Open (term time only): Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5pm, Fri 8.30am - 3pm
- Sells: clothing and gifts, greeting cards, stationary, mobile top up and international phone cards, medicines
- Drinks & snacks: hot drinks including fresh coffee and great lunchtime deals on Bake ’n’ Bite and Rollover ranges, fresh sandwiches, baguettes, fresh fruit and salads
- Homemade food from our chef including homemade soups, curries, bolognaise, chilli and varied vegetarian options
- ATM inside the café
They’ve got all the usual like jacket potatoes, sandwiches, and crisps and hot or cold drinks, and they even sell stationary and any other stuff you might need for coursework. There’s plenty of seats, and don’t worry there aren’t actually any engines in there anymore! We advertise all our student union events and promotions here as well.
Avery Hill – The Village Shop
LATE NIGHT OPENING TUE, WED AND FRI
Open: Mon - Fri 8.30am; Weekends from 12pm
Close: Mon and Thu 12am, Tue and Wed 2am, Fri 3am, Sat and Sun 9pm
PLEASE NOTE: After 9pm, students will need to show their Resource Cards to comply with our late licence. We thank you in advance.
- Sells: Groceries, alcohol, Travelcards, Oyster top up, mobile top up and international phone cards, clothing and gifts, toiletries and household items
- Drinks & snacks: hot drinks including fresh coffee, deals on Bake ’n’ Bite and Rollover ranges, fresh sandwiches, baguettes, fruit and salads
- ATM next to shop
The village shop is just that, a shop based in a village. Avery Hill (Southwood site) is where the halls of residence are with 1300 students living there at one time. The shop sells all sorts of bits from canned fruit to a daily paper and they even sell London transport tickets. The shop is a local and efficient way of getting all your groceries.
Greenwich – Le Café
Dreadnought Library, Greenwich
Until 6th December (opening and closing times subject to change without notice and can vary daily)
Monday – Friday 8am – 9pm
7th – 20th December (opening and closing times subject to change without notice and can vary daily)
Monday – Friday 8am – 7pm
Friday 21st December: 8.30am – 4pm
Closed: 22nd December – 13th January 2013
14th January 2013 - 22nd March 2013: 7.30am – 7pm
- Drinks & snacks: hot drinks including fresh coffee and great lunchtime deals on Bake ’n’ Bite and Rollover ranges, fresh sandwiches, baguettes, fresh fruit and salads.
- ATM inside
Le Café is the shop to the left of the entrance of the Library. It is ideal if you need some fresh air and a break from all that reading. There are a few tables and chairs here so you can chat with your friends or spread out and read the mornings papers. They have a big range of sandwiches, salads, pasties, cold drinks and snacks. They also offer hot drinks as well, and they are the nearest student union outlet on the University site itself.